Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Resolutions, anyone???? : )

I hope everyone is having a great New Year! I woke up this morning in horrible shape with my back with swollen discs and the whole nine yards! Ugggg!!! But anyway......Okay, so, as fas as resolutions go, I need to lose 30 pounds, well 32 pounds. So, now I 'm on Topamax for my migraines which has among other things, the the wonderful side effect of appetite suppression. Let me tell you, I am NOT hungry. Nothing tastes good. This morning I tried to eat a banana and it was just horrible. I was able to wash my morning meds down with a Slim Fast which does have protein and vitamins in it. Carbonated beverages are completely nasty! Yuck! They taste like a mouth full of sugar. I have actually lose 4 pounds in 5 days which I'm not sure is good or bad. I am a little tired but another side effect of the drug is fatigue and also, I am working extra because of the adoption and so forth. I am also in the low dose stage of this medication taking 25mg in the am and in the pm. On Friday I will take 25 in the am and 50 in the pm. The following Friday I will take my max dose of 50 in the am and 50 in the pm. My doctor says the side effects will level off after the first two weeks thank goodness! Has anyone else out there in blogland took Topamax with a side effect of weight loss? Have a great day!!!!!

2 comments:

Matthew Ruley said...

No I've never had Topamax, but it sounds great! As you know, I'm working on losing weight too. I weighed myself this am and I'm down a few pounds this week alreay. Weigh in is Fri and I hope I'm down 7lbs! That would break me through the plateau I've been in for a month. Plus I have a regular check up with the doctor next week, and I had told her I wanted to loose 20lbs before I saw her again. Not sure how I'm doing with that goal but 7lbs would help. Also, its been around 7 years since I've seen that number on the scale. You can join me in my quest - I have a blog I'll invite you to you and we can track our progress. http://adoptionphat.blogspot.com/

Matthew Ruley said...

Hey I'm sending you an invite to yet another blog