Saturday, January 19, 2008

Sadness deep in my heart

A certain agency really pulled a good one this week and we all know who I'm talking about. I hate it really bad not just because people lost a lot of money but because a lot of people lost dreams. I hope that it's just temporary set backs for the most of them. I know that personally that we could not have financially withstood to have lost anything to them. We are by no means rich and are having to borrow and fundraise for ALOT of our adoption. I'm just really glad to have gotten out when we did and to not have gotten in any deeper than we did. I just look at all these blogs and think how lucky we are but how sad I am for everyone else and I am very sorry for them. I know how long we have waited for our dreams to come true and it's just so very wrong.

Anyway, I have a really big week ahead of me and I am really excited. I think I am the most excited I have been for the very beginning. I got a letter yesterday saying the state of Alabama got my prints back from the FBI so, after my home visits, they can just edit and send it to the state. No waiting on my prints. Progress.....

2 comments:

Matthew Ruley said...

Yeah - great news for you!

It just baffles me that families went through their homestudy process to have to eventually say, "this can't happe now." I'd be so upset to wait and wait to find out its not going to be cleared up until June.

What has been casually mentioned as a minor issue is impacting a lot of lives - especially with delaying time (and time is money, right - especially when it pertains to the dossier). Clearly this was NOT a minor infraction when states withhold DCF clearances for 9 mos! Its truely a shame!

The Cook said...

Totally crazy, I agree. I am so glad things are moving along for you! Thisbnis your year baby!