Saturday, March 1, 2008

Long days.....

I'm so sorry it's took so long to get back to everyone. It's been a really long and difficult couple of weeks. My Papaw passed away on the 18th and his funeral was on the 20th. During all that I got a pneumonia-like illness and had a really hig fever at the viewing and funeral. (I didn't go to the doctor because I was afraid they would put me in the hospital) My Mamaw was too sick to be there and has been in the hospital and went to the nursing home for therapy a few days ago. At the same time Jeremy's Papaw Frank got really sick and his lungs started filling up with fluid and they've already drained it twice. The doctor believes that it may be cancer but won't be able to be able to tell for sure until they can get the fluid to keep coming back, so they're going to be putting in a tube to keep it drained so that can do some more tests. There's just so much been going on between going from work, to the hospital, to the nursing home. I just have to keep focused and keep praying, because we our Mamaw and Papaw Frank to come home soon and get better so that they will be able to get to know our little G-man!!!!!!

3 comments:

Aaron and Julie said...

I am so sorry to hear about your Papaw - lots of hugs coming your way. We continue to keep your Mama & Jeremy's Papaw in prayer.

Matthew Ruley said...

Amanda, Ive been thinking about and praying for you but didn't know how much you needed it.

I am so sorry to learn about Papaw passing. I know that is really hard and sad, and difficult anytime, but to compound it with everything else healthwise in your family and your own life, is particularly challenging.

I hope you go to the doctor - you need your strength and health too. Call me if you need an ear, I'm home all day today. Still thinking and praying for you!

Susan said...

Oh, Amanda, I am so sorry you are dealing with all this sadness in your life right now. It's so hard, and then you getting sick isn't helping things either.
Today's lesson at Sunday school (I teach k-3) was letting God help shelter us doing hard times. Sounds like it would have been a good lesson for you to hear today too. You have many "blog friends" who care about you. I'm so sorry to hear about your sad news.