Friday, October 19, 2007

Wow! It was really great to hear from everyone. When we first started this process, I felt very alone but now I feel like I finally have other people that can relate to and share my hopes and fears with! Adoption is a whole new world, lol!

Anyway, back to the paper chase.....we found out that we have to go back to the dr's office and do bloodwork and a TB skin test, fun! We've already been to do our physical for the adoption agency but this is for the home study. I know it's all worth it in the end, though. I'm kinda confused with my home study agency though. They haven't really clarified alot of things for me. They also haven't done a great job explaining paperwork. I guess I'll just have to call and ask them for better directions for what they need.

I also have questions about the whole 1 trip or 2 trip thing. If you make 1 trip, it's my understanding that after your court hearing that you get to keep your baby with you in the apartment. Does anyone else have any info on this? I just couldn't fly back home and leave my little boy in the baby house. After you bond like that and then leave, thats just not something I can do. Well, gotta get back to work!

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Hi Amanda

Don't be shy about asking questions of your social worker (or anyone in the adoption "family"!) - that's why we are all here! And it is all so worth it in the end - the paperwork will seem so minor compared to holding your child for the first time.

As far as getting custody after court - it totally depends on the region and the judge (and your agency's relationship with said judge), but I think in most cases this does not happen. We were lucky in Kokshetau that the judge granted us immediate custody.

CHI will probably be able to tell you the answer to this question when they know which region you will be traveling to.

I'm looking forward to following your journey and wish you the best!

Jodi