Saturday, December 1, 2007

Happy Holidays

Well, I know I haven't had very much to talk about lately. The past few weeks have been hard because this is my first holiday season without my Daddy. It has just been so many firsts this year. It is just too hard. I think I've cried everyday for the past 2 weeks. Last Saturday was the Auburn-Alabama game (a b-i-g deal in the big state of Alabama). My Dad was a huge Auburn fan and so am I. We watched that game together every single year. I watched it with my husband (an Bama fan), my brother Matt and some friends this year. (War Eagle) Auburn won for the sixth straight year. My Daddy was in heaven watching that game! I just miss him so much.

Anyway, we're still waiting for one of my clearences to come back before they can come do the home study. I have the most of our dossier together. I'm beginning to thing that I'm going to have our dossier before the home studys even done. (ugggggggg!) I know, I know, the waiting is the worst part. I keep telling myself that but it's not really any consulation. At least I know that the good Lord willing by next Christmas Garrett will be here with us and it will be another year of firsts.

3 comments:

Matthew Ruley said...

I understand your pain of losing your dad and having holidays without him. We've not put a tree up for several years because for 4 years my dad was in the hospital over the holidays (brain injury), not sure who we were or even how to eat. I am an only child, with no local family but my wonderful Matt. (My dad died in 2005). It just doesn't seem right.

However, we are each embarking on new journeys and creating our own families. I do believe that my mom and dad are with me even though they are not here. Our parents would want us to have good, happy lives. Yes, to miss them but also to embrase all that life has to offer.

Your dad would want you to enjoy the hobbies and interests that you and he had together, and to remember him fondly. He would want you to enjoy the holidays, and enjoy the A-A game without pain or regret. Its easier said than done, I know.

Alright, maybe we will put up the tree this year, you have convinced me.

Kim said...

I totally know how you feel about the homestudy. We had to wait for MONTHS before our child abuse clearances came back from our state and everything else was done. Talk about a pain. My social worker was sick of hearing from me everyday!

This is the first Christmas my husband will have without his dad too. On Sunday it will be a year since his death and, while my husband isn't "emotional" about it, I can tell he is thinking about it.

His dad and yours are looking down and are loving watching our lives unfold.

Kim

Monica said...

First Christmas without my Grandmother too. I wish you peace as you enjoy the season in spite of the huge loss.
G'luck getting the homestudy completed!!!
:)
Monica