Sunday, August 10, 2008

Where do we go from here?

What do you say when you feel like your dreams have just died? I haven't heard anything new yet. I talked to Erica a few days ago and she said that they were trying very hard to link their domestic clients to a new agency who will finish their adoptions for the same amount of money that was owed. She said that we would know more in the "very near future." Am I supposed to trust them to just hand us over to just whoever? I suppose at this point what choice do we have?
I email the owner of Commonwealth requesting all money we paid to be sent back to us. The response I got back had no sense of urgency whatsoever. Only that they are working diligently to turn over all domestic clients to the yet to be named agency. I think of all the things that we have to do like updating the homestudy again, printing all new profiles. All these things take money. Money we don't have. I have been in contact with lots of people reguarding the class action lawsuit that is taking shape. The problem with that is that it doesn't help our present situation. It could take years for a settlement, if there even is one. I can remember feeling so sorry for all those people who lost everything with the first agency we were with. I thought that this would never happen to us. I guess I thought wrong.

3 comments:

Doripink said...

I am sooo sorry sweetie. I don't know what to say except I am thinking about you and praying for you. I will email you with my phone #....please call if you ever have to vent.
Love-Dori

Gretchen said...

My heart goes out to you both. Maybe they can work something out and soon everything will be on track again.

Kellie with an "ie" said...

I have been thinking about y'all a lot - so sorry that you find yourselves in this situation. I hope that things will work themselves out soon. In the meantime, if you need someone to come pick you up and take to you lunch for a venting session, I'm always available.